]f you are would like to renew your Au Pair visa in Norway, you should read this article. It’s a guide regarding your future plans. You will also find information and link to our UDI immigration office for more and official information
Visa Fees in Norway
Updated per 01. June. 2019
|Type of application||Fee|
|Residence permits for work (also renewals)||NOK 5.400|
|Group permit for employers (per worker)||NOK 5.400|
|Study permit for applicants over the age of 18 (also renewals)||NOK 5.300|
|Study permit for applicants under the age of 18||0,-|
|Au pair permit (also renewals)||NOK 5.300|
|Permit for researchers with own funds||NOK 5.300|
Link to the UDI Immigration Website regarding this specific article.
Apply for renew 2-3 months before you visa will expire.
It is important that you apply for renewal in good time before your residence permit expires if you want to retain all your rights. You must also apply for renewal if you wish to change host family.
Rules concerning change of host family
- As long as you hold a valid au pair permit, you can apply to change host families at any time. This will be considered an application for renewal.
You can live with and work for the new host family as soon as you have submitted a complete application to the police. The time it takes to process your application is included in your total residence period as an au pair.
What you need to do
- Three months before your residence permit expires you should register your application on the Application Portal and book an appointment with the police. There may be several weeks waiting time.
- No later than one month before your residence permit expires you must go to the police at the time you have booked and hand in your documents. The application will not be submitted until you have done this.
You will then have the same rights as before relating to work, studies etc. while you are waiting for us to decide your application. You will retain these rights until you have received an answer to your application, even if your residence permit expires in the meantime.
Even if you have applied in time, you may have trouble travelling in and out of Norway while waiting for your new permit. This is because you don’t have a valid residence card. Without the residence card, you can be stopped in the border control in other countries. You may also have trouble getting into Norway again when you return.
Requirements relating to renewal of the residence permit
- You must pay an application fee.
- You can only be an au pair for two years, and the permit can therefore only be renewed if you have held an au pair permit for less than two years.
- Your permit can be renewed even if you have turned 30.
- You must apply at least one month before your current permit expires.
- At least one of the parents in the host family must have completed the e-learning course for host families in au pair cases.